Cart Logic Inventory Management System
Cascade Engineering is comprised of nine strategic business units that serve a variety of markets, including waste management. SpinDance’s partnership with Cascade Engineering contributed toward the greater good of the environment, while also creating numerous technology products and services that complement the Cascade Engineering container product line.
Cascade Engineering had a CartLogic project from another vendor that was 90 percent completed and awaiting production. They needed a vendor to put the project over the finish line and stick to their small budget. Additionally, reports from their current system were timing out and Cascade Engineering believed more computer space was required to run these reports.
SpinDance’s major tasks for the project involved the following:
- Discovering why reports from the current system were timing out
- Determining if more computer space was needed to run reports
- Fixing the reporting system and migrating employees to the new system
After a one-hour assessment of the reporting system, a technical lead at SpinDance discovered that reports did not require more space. Rather, a new hosting sync service would offer the ability to run the reports effectively. Our team conducted a security assessment to detect any risks in different areas of the software, thus protecting the company from hackers and other security liabilities.
- Recommended a new hosting service to run reports more effectively
- Conducted a security assessment to detect any risks in different areas of the software and protect Cascade Engineering from hackers and other security threats
Within eight weeks, Cascade Engineering was able to migrate to their new system while staying under budget and leaving space for other work, like the Security Assessment. SpinDance provided a handful of ideas for improvements and enhancements to the software, along with priorities, so that they could be planned and implemented in the next fiscal year.
CartLogic stemmed from our partnership, and is the company's latest generation of IoT-based asset management software that's designed specifically for the waste industry, by the waste industry. Leveraging RFID technology, CartLogic offers full control and responsive service—all from the convenience of a web-based portal and free mobile app.
- Migrated the company to a new system under budget, leaving space for additional work
- Delivered various ideas for improvements and enhancements to software
- Developed the latest generation of IoT-based asset management software, CartLogic, designed specifically for the waste industry
- Created software that allows full control and responsive service from the convenience of a web-based portal and free mobile app