Cart Logic Inventory Management System
Cascade Engineering is comprised of nine strategic business units that serve a variety of markets, including waste management. SpinDance’s partnership with Cascade Engineering contributed toward the greater good of the environment, while also creating numerous technology products and services that complement the Cascade Engineering container product line.
Cascade Engineering had a project called CartLogic that was developed by another vendor and was 90 percent completed and awaiting production launch. This project was a rewrite of an older system that was already in production. They needed a vendor to put the project over the finish line and stick to their small budget. Additionally, reports from their current system were timing out and Cascade Engineering believed more memory was required to run these reports, and therefore migrating to a different cloud provider would be required for cost reasons.
SpinDance’s major tasks for the project involved the following:
- Discovering why reports from the current system were timing out
- Determining the proper solution for the reporting issues
- Completing the migration of all users and their data from the existing system to the new system
After a one-hour assessment of the reporting system, a technical lead at SpinDance discovered that the report generation code was using excessive memory and identified a solution in the software. Rather than accepting the excessive memory usage and migrating to a lower-cost cloud provider, the SpinDance team worked with a customer to identify and resolve several key problems with the report generation software. In addition, our team conducted a security assessment to detect any risks in different areas of the software, thus protecting the company from hackers and other security liabilities.
- Reduction of memory usage allowed Cascade Engineering to significantly reduce hosting fees and stay on the existing cloud provider
- Discovered the cause of excessive memory usage and provided a low-cost solution
- Prevented Cascade Engineering from having to switch to another cloud provider
- Created an automated script to migrate data from the existing system to the new system
- Conducted a security assessment to detect any risks in different areas of the software and protect Cascade Engineering from hackers and other security threats
Within eight weeks, Cascade Engineering was able to migrate to their new system while staying under budget and leaving space for other work, like the Security Assessment. SpinDance provided a handful of ideas for improvements and enhancements to the software, along with priorities, so that they could be planned and implemented in the next fiscal year.
CartLogic stemmed from our partnership, and is the company's latest generation of IoT-based asset management software that's designed specifically for the waste industry, by the waste industry. Leveraging RFID technology, CartLogic offers full control and responsive service—all from the convenience of a web-based portal and free mobile app.
- Migrated the company to a new system under budget, leaving space for additional work
- Delivered various ideas for improvements and enhancements to software
- Developed the latest generation of IoT-based asset management software, CartLogic, designed specifically for the waste industry
- Created software that allows full control and responsive service from the convenience of a web-based portal and free mobile app